Lots has been done already. Here is a list of progress to date.
1. The script has been extensively polished after hiring script experts.
2. The story rights are half paid for, with a legal agreement signed.
3. Two songs have been licensed and fully paid for.
4. An entertainment lawyer has been retained. Agreements for actors, crew, locations and music have all been written and paid for. There is about $1000 still in trust with the lawyer for any further legal work which might have to be done.
5. A limited liability company has been incorporated.
6. A website has been built and updated.
7. About 8 scenes have been "pre shot", which was excellent practice, and which means when it is time for the real shoot, they will go very smoothly.
8. Many of the locations have been scouted. The main location, where about half the movie will be shot is secured, and donated with no fee to be paid.
9. I now have extensive experience at selling movies online, and know how to market this movie.
10. There is high interest in the movie by talent and crew. Actors who have read the script call the roles dream roles.
11. A business plan was written by an expert and paid for.
12. Miscellaneous other details, including scouting, attending workshops and seminars, and studying filmmaking and marketing.
13. $25,000 has been spent on the develpment and pre production of this movie so far.